The City of Newcastle RSL Sub-Branch ANZAC Day Committee, following discussions with RSL NSW, wishes to advise the following.
After a thorough investigation of the Covid-19 rules and regulations covering the various ANZAC Day Services within the CBD of Newcastle City, the ANZAC Day Committee will not stage the traditional ANZAC Day March and Services. Community safety is first and foremost.
However, we would encourage all members of the public to consider one of the following options.
- Sunset Service held at ANZAC Memorial Walk, Friday 23 April 2021, 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm,
- Candlelight Vigil held in Memorial Grove, Civic Park, 24 April 2021, 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm,
- Watch the ANZAC Day Dawn Service broadcast on NBN Television, 5:00 am to 6:00 am,
- Listen to the ANZAC Day Dawn Service on ABC1233, 25 April 2021, 5:00 am to 6:00 am
- Light a candle and stand in your driveway at 6:00 am to share a moment of silence and quiet reflection in honour of the ANZAC’s, or
- Place a tribute on your local War Memorial
If you do attend any of the above, please respect others who maintain social distancing. We apologise to all in the community, however as we must put the community’s well-being first, we have had to make these decisions.
The ANZAC Day Committee would like to thank everyone for their understanding and support as we continue to honour our Defence Force personnel and uphold the ANZAC Spirit.
Ken Fayle, JP
Convenor Newcastle ANZAC Day Committee